Friday, October 22, 2010

Quick Post

Betty and I attended the first of three sessions at a Mark Rashid riding clinic in Santa Fe today.  We're auditing so we get to see everyone else ride and learn from their mistakes.  The first day was great and Mark is a very good teacher.  It's a one-on-one clinic with four riders in the morning sessions and four other riders in the afternoon.  It was neat to watch Mark gently work with them and watch they and their horses greatly improve in such a short time.

I probably won't have another post until Monday at the earliest because we're going back for the Saturday and Sunday sessions.  I'll have some pictures and video to recap it all on Monday or Tuesday.

Dan

4 comments:

TjandMark said...

Wow. You two are living the life and inspiring me to go to some horse clinic somewhere. I have really been working with my buddy on collection and holding a tempo. He tries hard and so do I. LOL.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Maybe I'll see you there.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

My blog friend over at Horse Centric, is riding her 4 yr old horse, Smokey in Mark's clinic all three days. Val and I just met up with her at El Pinto after she finished their first day at the clinic today.
I'll be at Mark's clinic on Sunday. Hope to see you there!

~Lisa

Keri said...

Have fun. Can't wait to hear about it. Hope the weather does not ruin things.....