We're definitely not going to post every day as that puts too much pressure on our fragile souls and takes too much time that we need to devote to other things that just might be more important.
As we grow older we're more aware of how important time is. When we were young life seemed like it would never end - there were always more possibilities as there was always plenty of time - at least it seemed that way.
Now, we realize that our lives are limited. Whether we have seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years left is not important.
What is important is the realization that all we ever have is NOW. The past is gone and the future is in God's hands, not ours. What we do with NOW is most important and once we make a choice in the NOW, all other options for that moment are lost.
Brian Tracy, a leadership consultant, said,
"There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the important thing."
Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise said,
"Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived."
So, we'll share a little of our time with you about what we're doing and thinking and we strongly encourage you to share back with us through the comments. We value the time you spend to read our ramblings; we learn from you, and your comments definitely encourage us to keep going.
7 comments:
Ahhh, first to comment on this new, adorable blog! Heck, we'll take whatever you're willing to dish out! I have said before, and I'll say it again, I didn't think you were bound to ONLY talking about your life with horses. That was just your blog title, just like mine is Galloping Grace Youth Ranch. I've been known to veer off from time to time. ;) (hank eating poop, tim mcgraw concert) i must admit i'm a little jealous the freedom a new blog would bring. can you only imagine where my mind would go? scary!
enjoy your time together--co-posting! :) i wanna hear from betty. BETTY! BETTY! BETTY!
love,
the immature one
and seriously, thanks for listening to your fans.
Ooooh! I made it through the blogger time warp to this new blog of yours.
What a journey. And already your posts are filled with deep and philosophical thoughts on life.
I already love it. But please don't forget to post about Gletta and Morgunn as often as you can, ok? Lots of pictures, too, ok?
I'm not demanding, am I? :)
hehe
~Lisa
So glad you had a change of heart -- I'd hate to think we have read the last of your beautiful words on Betty's birthday & your anniversary or heard the last of your horse adventures or seen the last of your sunset pictures. You touch us more than you can ever know. Betty, it will be good reading about your thoughts & interests, too!
Thank you. We really grow from hearing your thoughts. This post really hit the spot as we have been considering the importance of NOW as well. Where did you find the quote from Jean-Luc's? I love it. I am copying it down in my personal favorite quotes book. Of course, he is/was one of my favorite characters on TV. Really! I totally found his leadership, dry wit and cool charm absolutely irrisitible. And especially his bald head. I love bald heads. I was bald once, when my long hair got yanked out by a drive line of a tractor. Whew, I think I just gave out too much information. Ha, Ha,! you did say that you wanted comments though.
Thanks for all the nice comments.
Michelle, I have encourage Betty to write and maybe she will. I hope so as she has far more to say than I ever will.
Lisa, I have you in my calendar for Sept. 4, even though I probably won' do that on a regular basis, but for special people - yes.
Sis, you're pretty special in my book as well. We've come a long way from our sister/brother rivalry when we were young.
TJ (I assume Mark doesn't have long hair), I found the Picard quote just by Googling 'quotes about time.'
Regards to all,
Dan
Where's today's post?? Update already!
Totally kidding!!! Just checking to make sure you were still there. Love ya
BTW, I love Lisa from Twinville! She's a woman after my own heart will all her pleading and begging! Go, Lisa!
BTW again, my birthday is Oct 27. I expect the same treatment. :)
Wow--we go away for a weekend and the whole blogging world changes! We're glad you are still writing, but also glad you're taking some of the pressure off yourself.
Love you!
Post a Comment