Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to a Special Person


Today is Michelle Wade's birthday. Having been reprimanded before for using an unauthorized picture of her on our blog, I stole this one from her blog so it must be OK to use. You'll have to check out her blog to understand who her furry friend is.

If you are fortunate, God will bring you a few - very few - special people throughout your life at times when you really need them. These are people who make you laugh, make you cry (for good reasons), who care about you, who are willing to share your life as well as theirs, and who, in the end, wind up changing your life in many varied and always good ways.

Michelle (and Max, of course) came into our lives at a time when Betty was just beginning to get over one of the most difficult periods of her life. I truly believe that God brought Max and Michelle into our lives as part of Betty's healing as their compassion, humor and warmth are truly healing gifts.

So, Michelle, on your 23rd birthday (married young, you know), we wish you all the best that God has for you. Happy Birthday!

Today is October 27 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: MICHELLE WADE (special friend, great photographer, great mother - despite her protestations to the contrary - and, we assume from Max's smile - a great wife), Kelly Osbourne (daughter of Ozzy Osbourne), Carrie Snodgrass (actress - "Diary of a Mad Housewife" - seems appropriate for your birthday, Michelle), John Cleese (actor/comedian - "Monty Python"), Dylan Thomas (Welsh poet), Emily Post (etiquette guru - definitely appropriate for your birthday), Teddy Roosevelt (26th US President), and Captain James Cook ( British explorer of the South Seas).

On this day in 1787 the first of the Federalist Papers calling for the ratification of the US Constitution was published in New York. In 1904 the first rapid transit subway opened in New York. In 1967 "You Bet Your Life" with Groucho Marx made its debut on ABC radio. In 1997 the stock market tumbled 554 points (sounds familiar). And in 2004 the Boston Red Sox won their first World Series since 1918.

4 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!!!

I sure wish Dan could have picked a better photo, though.
I'm trying to avoid looking at that hairy 8-legged monster on your hand.

(shiver)

~Lisa

TjandMark said...

Happy 23rd Birthday ;-) Michelle! Blessings to you and yours. Keep smiling.

The Wades said...

Wow! That was the sweetest ever! You actually brought tears to my eyes and a huge smile to my heart! Thank you very, very much for your super kind words!

That wasn't near as bad as I was expecting! ;)

I love YOU guys so much!

The Wades said...

I just read this to my mom--she wanted to make sure you had the right person. (ok, i made that up.)

Mom said, "Thanks for being so wondeful to my little girl. I kinda like her too. I like her new age of 23--that's great! That makes me 26. We all think you're pretty special too."