This year we decided to go to Old Town, Albuquerque for our dinner and we chose a place called Church Street Cafe. It's behind San Felipe de Neri Church. The cafe is in is the oldest building in Old Town.
It was nicely decorated for the holidays. Betty had a vegetarian fajita made with Portabello mushrooms and I had a steak fajita. Both were delicious.
Here are some pictures from last night.





Today is December 13 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Mary Todd Lincoln (wife of Abraham, Lincoln), Alvin York, (WWI hero from Tennessee), Taylor Swift (country singer), Jamie Foxx (comedian), Ted Nugent (rock guitarist), Christopher Plummer (actor, "Sound of Music"), Dick Van Dyke (comedian, "The Dick Van Dyke Show"), and Archie Moore (professional boxer).
On this day in 1577 Sir Francis Drake of England set out with five ships on a nearly three-year journey that would take him around the world. In 1623 trial by jury was established at the Plymouth Colony. In 1642 Dutch navigator Abel Tasman arrived in present-day New Zealand. The Tazmanian Sea is named after him. In 1809 the first abdominal surgical procedure was performed - in Danville, Kentucky. The patient was Jane Todd Crawford and the operation was performed without the aid of an anesthetic. In 1949 the American League voted down a proposal to revive the spitball, which had been outlawed since 1920. And in 2003 former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is captured near his home town of Tikrit.
5 comments:
OH how nice. I especially love the church photo. I love old catholic churches. When we have traveled in Latin countries I always find them and the door is always open and I enter and pray. The quiet is deep and time feels eternal. Thanks for the photos. Tj
What fun! I had dinner down there last year at Christobal's for our office holiday party.
Very pretty pictures!
I'm glad you two had such a lovely dinner out. Old Town is always so beautiful during the holidays.
~Lisa
from the East Side.....
I LOVE eating out.....my whole family does(maybe cuz I don't cook so great!).....wish we could have followed you and that vegetarian fajita around!
I thought I commented on this post the other day. I'm starting to lose it.
Hot date, cute couple. You make me happy. :)
Cool pix btw.
Post a Comment