Thursday, December 18, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane


Betty and I leave tomorrow morning, Friday, December 19 to head for Tennessee for the Christmas holidays. We'll visit with Betty's family at her stepmother's place in Franklin, Tennessee until the day after Christmas.

Then we head to Bowling Green, Kentucky to spend several days with my sister and her family. We'll return to lovely New Mexico and our abundant sunshine (it will be mostly cloudy while we're in Tennessee and Kentucky because it always is during the winter months).

While we're gone I've scheduled daily posts of a Christmas nature - stories, poems, etc., that I have found in different places.

However, I especially hope you'll read our blog on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I wrote a piece for each day based on some speculation on my part and Scripture for the rest.

Those posts are my Christmas presents to you. We hope you all have a blessed and joy-filled Christmas.

Today is December 18 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Christina Aguilera (singer), Katie Holmes (actress, "Dawson's Creek" and wife of Tom Cruise), Brad Pitt (actor and half of Brangelina), Steven Spielberg (director, "ET" and many others), Keith Richards (guitarist for the Rolling Stones), Betty Grable (actress and WWII pin up girl), and Ty Cobb (professional baseball player).

6 comments:

Trailboss said...

I hope yall have a fantastic visit with family and friends. You won't be very far from me in Bowling Green! It is about 1 1/2 hrs from my house.

Have a blessed Christmas and be careful! See ya next year!

Keri said...

Be safe. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I'll be wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays now then.
May you have good weather and good times!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Have a wonderful visit and a lovely Christmas, Dan and Betty!

I'll miss your friendly comments on my blog, so I can't wait to your back home in the Land of Enchantment once again. :)

~Lisa
from the East Side...

TjandMark said...

Godspeed. Tj

The Wades said...

I'm going to be happy for your travel plans this time around. Remember when I jinxed your summer fun w/ my whining about you guys going out of town--Betty didn't need to pull all that bacterial infection business to teach me a lesson! ;)

I hope your holiday is oh so merry. We'll miss you!

Love ya