Despite all the issues we're facing in our world today, I came across a video that brought a smile to my face and I hope to yours. It also has a song from one of my favorite performers - Louis Armstrong.
Enjoy.
Today is February 16 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: John McEnroe (hot-tempered tennis player), Ice-T (rapper/actor, "Law and Order - Special Victims Unit"), Levar Burton (actor, "Star Trek - Next Generation"), Sonny Bono (singer, Sonny and Cher), Vera Ellen (actress, "White Christmas"), Patty Andrews (singer, The Andrews Sisters), Hugh Beaumont (actor, father in "Leave It To Beaver"), Edgar Bergen (ventriloquist and father of Candace Bergen).
On this day in 1642 The first Postal Service started in Scotland. In 1804 Lieutenant Stephen Decatur led a successful raid into Tripoli Harbor to burn the US Navy frigate "Philadelphia," which had fallen into the hands of pirates (the good old days when men were men). In 1857 the National Deaf Mute College was incorporated in Washington, DC. It was the first school in the world for advanced education of the deaf. It was later renamed Gallaudet College. In 1883 the Ladies Home Journal begins publication. In 1923 archaeologists opened the treasure-laden tomb of Tutankhamen, "King Tut," in Egypt's Valley of the Kings. In 1959 Fidel Castro became premier of Cuba after the overthrow of Fulgencio Batista. And in 1968 the nation's first 911 emergency telephone system was inaugurated, in Haleyville, Alabama.
3 comments:
That was precious. I love the video you post Dan. This one made me think of the lion and lamb who will someday lie together, I mean, kitty and fawn is kind of close, don't ya think?
_Tj
I am always amazed seeing different speicies of animals bonding. Crazy, wonderful world.
First postal service in Scotland? Who knew?
A friend of mine mentioned 2012 last night to me and it's the first I heard about it so I jumped on here out of curiosity. I think it's kind of sick and sounds like a bunch of skeptical jargon.
I choose to live every day like it is the last because let's be real, WHO THE HELL KNOWS what is going to happen or when it's your time to go on. The past is history, the future is a mystery and now is a gift, thats why it's called the present. It's not healthy to sit around and trip out about when you will die. Stop wasting your time you have now.
[url=http://2012earth.net/earth_role_in_the_universe.html
]2012 doomsday
[/url] - some truth about 2012
Post a Comment