
I love a good, humorous joke:
There were three fathers to be in a hospital waiting room, waiting for their babies to be born.
The first nurse comes out and tells the first father, "Congratulations you're the father of twins!" He says, “Great! I am the manager for the Minnesota Twins.”
The second nurse comes out and tells the second father, "Congratulations you're the father of triplets”! He says, "That's cool! I work for 3M."
The third father opens the window and jumps out.
The third nurse comes out, and asks, “Where's the third father?"
One of the other fathers said, "Oh he jumped out the window.”
The nurse asks, "Why?"
He replied, "He works for Seven Up!"
However, my experience with April Fool's Day is it tends to be more about pranks which are usually pulled at someone's expense. To me that's not funny.
I know I'm a party pooper, but I would rather laugh with someone than at them. Maybe I still have some issues from childhood.
4 comments:
I like party poopers if they do it for the right reasons. Which means I like you Dan!
love the joke. I thought about pulling an April's Fools on someone all day, but never did it.
We don't 'celebrate' April Fools around here, but about 15 year ago, I did play an April Fools joke on my hubby.
When hubby got home from work, I had left him a message saying "Mr Lyon called and wants to meet you for lunch', along with a phone #.
Hubby wasn't sure who Mr Lyon was, but called anyway. He's always up for eating a good meal.
When he called the number, a person answered and my hubby said, "I'm calling for Mr Lyon. Would he still like to meet me for lunch?"
The person on the other end of the line was very clever (and fun) and answered back, "I'm sure Mr. Lion would love to have you for lunch, but we here at the zoo don't typically allow humans into Mr Lion's enclosure"
LOL! My hubby was a little embarrassed by he truly enjoyed the joke played on him. I have to admit it sure was funny.
We still laugh about Mr Lion...and his lunch date.
:)
~Lisa
Hello my opposite. :) Yes, you are a party pooper. As long as the pranks are fun and in the spirit of friendship--good times. My friend Lisa froze her children's cereal bowls this year. How clever is that? The children were delighted once they figured out the prank. If it were up to you, they would be robbed of such joy. ;) Love you
Post a Comment