When Betty and I were married in 1967 our wedding was typical of that time. We were married in a church and the reception was held in the church's basement parish hall. We had a wedding cake, peanuts and mints - and that was it.
No catered dinner, no covered tables with fine china and flowers, and no music and dancing. In those days that was more typical and only the really rich had the big weddings.
So, it was fun to find this video of this couple doing their first dance at their reception. I'm fairly confident this couple has a great chance of having a life-long, good marriage because it's obvious they like to have fun and neither one of them takes themselves seriously.
It's a little long and starts slow, but hang in there and be sure your sound is on. Enjoy!
3 comments:
Tom and I enjoyed this video so much!! We are still giggling.
I remember this one--what a cute couple! I would never have had the guts to do that at our wedding reception. In fact, we didn't do any type of dancing.
So cute.
Now....THAT was entertaining! :)
My fave part was the Cotton-Eyed Joe. Did ya see how high the groom's legs went? Wow! hehe!
A couple that dances together...stays together, right?
You should see our wedding video. lol! My hubby can do the Macarena and the Electric Slide like nobody's business! LOL!
How 'bout you and Betty? Do you still enjoying dancing together?
~Lisa
ps. You and Betty married when I was 1 year old. :-D
Post a Comment