Friday, June 19, 2009

Riding, Banking and Baseball

We took our normal Friday ride this morning around our area. Both Sugar and Morgunn did well.

This afternoon we have an appointment at our local Wells Fargo Bank to do a little business with them.

And tonight we're going to the Albuquerque Isotopes baseball game. The Isotopes are the AAA minor league team for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Most people think the name Isotopes refers to the nuclear research and production that is traditional in New Mexico and that sounds good, but it's wrong.

The owners named them the Isotopes after a "Simpsons" episode where Springfield was about to lose their minor league team, the Isotopes, because the owner wanted to move them to Albuquerque.

Here are some pictures from this morning's ride.

Betty and Sugar moseying on down the road.

We stopped up on the top of a hill. Our house is down the way if you look between the closer house and the one being built on the right.

Betty sighting out our track. Actually, I think she's adjusting her glasses.

After our rides we like to hang out with Sugar and Morgunn. Eventually they'll come up and it appears they just like to be with us.

Sugar and Betty are exchanging breath. Horses do this when they come up to each other. They'll breath out and take the other horse's breath in. It's a way of connecting.

Of course Morgunn has to come up and do the same.

Then Morgunn has this thing about hats. He loves to take our hats off. He doesn't do anything with them after they're off - it's just fun to take them off.

Then he'll make up with you after getting the hat off.

With me he likes my boots. I think he must taste salt in the leather from me sweating in them.

All in all, it's a nice way to wind down after our ride.

6 comments:

Keri said...

So cute! I really enjoy their humor~ seems like it was a lovely day!

Trailboss said...

I learned something new today. The breathing on the horse. Guess what I'll be doing later on when it cools off. Sugar and Morgunn are such beautiful horses. I love Sugar's mane. Is she a gaited horse?

Dan and Betty said...

TB, yes, Sugar is a Rocky Mountain Horse which is a gaited breed.

Dan

The Wades said...

You have those poor things blindfolded! ;) Totally kidding.

I'll say it again and again--two very lucky horses! Enjoy

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those are two very sweet horses! I'm so glad that Sugar is working out so well for you!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I loved all the photos! I'm glad you enjoyed such a wonderful ride. It seems like you've been getting many opportunities to ride, too.
You should really consider bringing Sugar and Morgunn up here and riding around. I think you'd enjoy some mountain riding...and then Val would have some riding buddies, too.
I feel bad that I'm not able to ride with her now. :(

I see that your horses are always wearing fly masks. Have the flies been really bad down there?
They must all be down in the valley, because we haven't seen many flies at all. And we have nice cool breezes so that must be blowing the flies away, too. I'm just grateful....and I know the horses are, too. :)

~Lisa