Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gletta's Home -- For Awhile

Gletta, Betty's original horse, came back home this morning. Her owner, Barb, was really upset to have to bring her back, but Gletta and Barb's original horse just wouldn't get along. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, we bought a new round pen and used the gate and five of the thirteen panels to make a nice pen for Gletta. This will give her the space and shade she needs while not upsetting Morgunn and Sugar's routine and bonding.

We put Morgunn and Sugar into their stalls with a little hay and closed them up so we could get Gletta in and settled into her new pen. Then we let them out so they could check out their new neighbor.

Here are some pictures from her first day back.

Morgunn checking out Gletta who is checking out her new digs this morning.

Then Sugar came to also check her out. Sugar and Gletta were both here for several months before we found what we thought was Gletta's new home. So they weren't strangers.

This afternoon, Morgunn was still standing his position with his old friend.

Hopefully, we can find a new home for her before too long. Anyone want a free Icelandic Horse mare?

7 comments:

Keri said...

Hi Dan~
I've returned to the blogging world! I missed you! BUT it was great to see you the other day at GG. Thank you for Kali's lesson!

I hope you find Gletta the perfect home~

Unknown said...

Oh! I saw this ad on Icehorses >.<

I wish I could help you with your mare, GL with her!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Welcome home Gletta! It's great to see you! And I can see Morgunn is happy to see her, too......Sugar...not so much. hehe!

If I didn't already know what happened with Betty and Gletta, I'd seriously consider adopting her, and I'd love to have a smaller horse, now that I have this bum knee and weak hips.....but any quick side-passing, bolting horses are not for me.

It must be strange to have her back again, though. Will you ride her while she is there?

~Lisa

Trailboss said...

I would take her in a minute. Do you deliver to Kentucky?

TjandMark said...

You know trailboss it probably wouldn't be too much to hire a truck to deliver her. I too would take her if I didn't already have a dozen equines! It was so sweet to see Morgunn and Gletta standing side by side. They understand each other.

Ice Pony Girl said...

She's adorable! Send her to WI!! I love my Ice Pony Huginn.

The Wades said...

Good thing you found her a home. I don't know if GGYR could handle any more winking!!