We often get quite a few balloons on several mornings of the Fiesta, but nothing like this morning. The winds brought the balloons directly over our house and, as they descended, the lower winds brought them back towards our house. They landed either behind our house or across the road from us in the sage area. We didn't count, but we had at least 20 or more balloons land around our house.
We were concerned about Sugar as this was her first mass ascension and how she would react to seeing and hearing so many balloons so close. We went out to spend some time with her and Morgunn to lend our support. As mentioned yesterday, Morgunn is an old pro when it comes to balloons as he was born and raised in Corrales.
The only time they spooked at all was when two different balloons (the last two pictures below) came so low over our house that their propane burners were extra loud as they approached their landing spots.
Here are some pictures from this morning.









It was a great first morning for the Balloon Fiesta. I hope and pray we have an equally good one next Saturday when our kids and granddaughter are here and we go to the Fiesta.Now for the second topic. It will be brief because I find this so distasteful. There is no question that Roman Polanski raped a 13 year old girl 30 years ago. There is no question he evaded justice by fleeing to Europe where he has lived a lavish lifestyle, including dating a 15 year old actress who was in one of his movies. There is no question the guy is a sleaze bucket who deserves to return to face the justice system for his actions.
However, there are quite a few Hollywood elites who think he has done nothing wrong -- or should be excused because "he is talented."
I have only one comment about that -- you're idiots!
6 comments:
Dan~
The shots are FANTASTIC! Sooo Cooool!
And I agree with you 100% about the rapist and the idiots.
The balloons are absolutely gorgeous. I can't imagine how my 2 horses would have been running around bucking and carrying on. I too agree w/you about Polanski. Did he even come back to the US when his wife was murdered? Well, I guess, since that was 40 yrs ago he was still here. No matter what happens to him here on Earth, he will get justice some day when he stands before God. He can't hide then.
You are right on both accounts! The balloons ARE lovely and "they" are idiots!!
I thought it looked like snow clouds this morning but it turned into a lovely day!
I'm embarassed to admit that I don't know anything about the situation regarding Roman Polanski as I'm not up with the news and rarely, if ever watch TV, but what he did sounds appalling, as are the idiots that are supporting him. bah!
As for the Balloon Fiesta, we were planning on attending the Fiesta this year, but after seeing your photos, I think maybe we should should just drive to your neaighborhood instead as you all have the best seats of all!
Your photos were amazing, Dan! There is something gorgeous about hot air balloons, but combine them with horses, and it's perfection!
When we lived in northern Rio Rancho, we had them fly just 20 feet or so over our back yard sometimes. Once a balloon was so close that I was in my kitchen wearing my jammies and the pilot and I could wave to each other through my window! lol!
I do miss seeing the balloons living out here in the mountains, but I suppose it's a trade-off for all of the other wonderful aspects of living here instead of on the East side of the mountains.
~Lisa
Trailboss is right about supreme justice. So strange that there is any question as to what should be done. A wrong is a wrong, doesn't matter who you are or who talented. As for the balloons. Wow. The shots were surreal. Great photos.
Great post all the way around! You had some really fantastic pictures there.
Post a Comment