About 4:30 AM this morning I was awakened by the wind – it was really howling. Then shortly after that the rain started – buckets of it coming down along with lightning and thunder – kind of unusual for December. When I went out to feed the horses they were drenched and were really glad to get their hay.
At the end of the rain, we got a little snow, but the wind continued to blow and the temperature dropped. It was 38 degrees when I went out to feed the horses and 35 degrees a couple of hours later.
I drove over to the Galloping Grace Youth Ranch Christmas Tree Corral to help unload some Christmas trees that were supposed to be delivered this morning at 8:00 AM. Besides me, Max was there and a couple of other guys who were braving the cold wind. We waited and waited, but no truck. Finally, Max called the truck dispatcher and found out that the truck was stuck in Prescott, Arizona where they had a huge snow storm over night. So, no trees this morning. I was sorry for Max and Michelle as they need the trees for their lot, but I was happy to get back into a warm truck to head home.
I came home and shortly after Morgunn and Sugar started running and kicking. I’m sure it was the wind, but all three garbage cans were blown down and that might have started them off.
When Morgunn slowed down, Sugar gave him a push to get him going again.![]()
All this running gave Sugar an appetite and she tried to reach some sage clippings that blew up to the fence.
7 comments:
I like your horse setup. I take it that tarp overhang stays tied down in high winds? Tarps don't last 3 months here in Nevada. We're always having 80 MPH winds, which rip holes in them.
I called the Wades around 9:20 to see if the girls and I needed to come help unload since there was a school delay ~ I was a little happy to stay in the warmth of home myself!
Brrr! That wind blowing their manes looks cold. Nice photos.
You're lucky your covered shelter didn't get blown down. We had gusts of 75 mph up here. Those thunder and lightning crashes kept me away for several hours starting around 4am. It was a rough night.
And all of our snow was covered in ice and a mess to walk in today. Falling scares me more now than it used to...
I love Morgunn, He is so fuzzy and cute. I could just hug him. Great pics, Dan.
~Lisa
AWAKE....not away...though I did sort of want to go away during that storm. Some place warm and calm like a beach in Hawaii. ahhhh.
~Lisa
The pictures of your horses are so cute. I love how fuzzy they are
Thanks for showing up, Dan! And for the record, I WAS there--just sitting in my vehicle like a smart person. ;) OK, I wasn't early, but I was in attendance. There. I feel better now.
Cute, happy horsies.
Post a Comment