Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome Spring

Spring comes today.  Yesterday, it was sunny with a temperature in the mid to upper 60’s.  The horses were shedding like crazy.

DSCN0007_640x480

This morning, this is what greeted me when I opened the door to our back lot where the horses are.

DSCN0008_640x480

Yep, the last morning of winter (Spring starts at 11:20 AM) gave us our biggest snow of the year -- 2+ inches (yeah, I know you guys on the other side of the mountain think this is a puny snow, and it is, but it’s the biggest snow for us).

DSCN0009_640x480
DSCN0011_640x480
DSCN0010_640x480
DSCN0012_640x480
DSCN0014_640x480
DSCN0013_640x480
Here are some pictures around the house as I went out to get the paper. 
DSCN0018_640x480
Here’s a Cholla cactus.
DSCN0017_640x480
Our front entrance gate.
DSCN0020_640x480
Finally, St. Francis who stands watch at our entrance gate.
DSCN0021_640x480
Have a happy Spring!

5 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Welcome Spring, indeed!

St Francis looks a little cold. Can you give him a scarf and hat?

Morgunn and Sugar both look a little depressed about all that snow. I think they were enjoying losing all their winter fur and thinking of warm rides along the Bosque.

It sure is pretty though. Especially around your house. I often forget how fast any snow melts on the west side of these mountains, because our snowfall can often take days or even a week to melt off.
But I think even our 8-10" of snow we got last night will be melted by tomorrow, too. Yay!

~Lisa

The Wades said...

Dan, that speaks to why a person should not get up so early. I missed most of the snow. ;) Those poor horses--they start to shed and then get hit like that. How cold. You should have brought them in the house.

TjandMark said...

Spring is a fickle girl isn't she? I do hope you brought those horses in like Michelle suggested. ;-)

TjandMark said...

Hey, Mark just spotted your new header quote. Nice.

Trish said...

I couldn't beleive it either when I woke up. My kids wanted to play in it a 7am way too early to play in the snow.