Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Reflection – Wearing Our Crowns

Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children. (Proverbs 17:6)

 

Well, Betty and I are “the aged.”  Medicare confirms that.

So, the children of our children are our “crowns” according to the verse from Proverbs.  Javier, Juliet and now, Leah, are definitely our crowns and we wear them proudly.

We’re also proud to say that Wade Daniel and Marie, and Chris and Tracy, are the pride of their children.  They are good husbands and wives and fathers and mothers.  We have learned much from them.

Excuse me while I go look in the mirror to see how my crowns look.

5 comments:

Keri said...

Congratulations, again!

TjandMark said...

love it, but is that a little tarnish you see? JK.

The Wades said...

I bet they're looking pretty darn good.

TjandMark said...

Of course they are, I was just trying to find something funny to say. But I am not funny. LOL

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Don't trust a shiny crown. That's a life not lived to it's fullest.

Your kids and grandkids are so blessed to have the two of you to love them.

All of my grandparents passed away when I was young. I wish my kids could have gotten to know them.
All I have now is my Dad and he is not very involved in our lives.

~Lisa