Corrales held it’s annual Christmas de Caballos (Christmas of Horses) Parade this past Sunday. The parade is sponsored by the Corrales Horse and Mule People (CHAMP) group and I’m the ‘official’ photographer. This year Betty was the ‘official’ videographer so credit for the great video below goes to her.
The grand marshals this year were wounded warriors – servicemen who were wounded in either Iraq or Afghanistan and are participating in a program called Horses for Hero's where they work with and train horses as part of their therapeutic work.
We always have Miss Rodeo New Mexico participate along with the great folks from the Albuquerque Police Mounted Unit, plus the New Mexico Search and Rescue folks.
Finally, all participants bring toys for the Marine’s Toys for Tots program.
It was a great event this year and here’s a video to give you an overview…

8 comments:
Looks like it was a beautiful day for a parade. Good choices of music. Loved the pooper scoopers at the end!!
Beautiful day, great parade, and I agree with Keri...I'm glad the recyclable equine waste removal team got some air time..
Very cool! Next year you guys should ride in it.
They are lucky to have the video/photography team of Dan and Betty! Great little video.
That red mule made me miss Riley. :-( Great little parade and I agree with Keri, the music was wonderful. Also, did you tell Santa what you wanted?
We have a community parade too, but it's short on horses and big on shriners, IMHO.
I like yours much better!
I recognized a few horse and rider friends, and my pals with NMSAR, too.
I tell you and Betty every year, I wish you guys would sign up to ride and let someone else take photos. I'd love to see Morgunn and Sugar out there in the parade. It would be so fun!
~Lisa
I looked this video up to see what my Morgan and I have to expect in our first outing with this year's parade. Thanks for the best video coverage on the Net!
Post a Comment