A good blog friend made a comment on one of our blogs that really made me think: “Heart over genes any day.” It was in reference to a donkey wanting to join the Budweiser horse team.
We’re all a bundle of our genes and the influences of our families while we grew up. Statistics say that children raised in alcoholic or abusive families are more likely to be alcoholics or abusers themselves when they grow up.
Yet, with God’s grace and a lot of heart we can overcome our genes and family influences and break that generational chain before it goes down to our children.
That’s it for today as I’m short on time, but hopefully it will give you something to think about.
Dan
5 comments:
And He will give you a new heart.....
Good thinkin Dan.
What TJ and Mark said!
Thanks, Dan.
Ditto!
I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings. Lloyd
Nice post!
~Lisa
Post a Comment