Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

Year of Rabbita_DAP_Realism_1_640x461The Chinese New Year started on February 3rd and this is the Year of the Rabbit.  If you were born in 1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999 or 2011 then this is your year.

According to Chinese tradition, people born in the Year of the Rabbit are articulate, talented, and ambitious. They are virtuous, reserved, and have excellent taste. Rabbit people are admired, trusted, and are often financially lucky. They are fond of gossip but are tactful and generally kind. Rabbit people seldom lose their temper. They are clever at business and being conscientious, never back out of a contract. They would make good gamblers for they have the uncanny gift of choosing the right thing. However, they seldom gamble, as they are conservative and wise. They are most compatible with those born in the years of the Sheep, Pig, and Dog.

So if this is your year and you’re a bunny person, Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Mark's Space said...

Fascinating post Dan. Many of my students are Chinese and they've been sharing their thoughts on the current celebrations. They weren't too happy with being at school last Thursday or their New Year's Day; I guess that's like Christmas Day being a normal working day ~ perish the thought.

Keri said...

Aubrey was born in 1999. She is talented..... but can sure lose her temper!! :)

Michelle said...

Max was born in 1975. Guess this is his year. I think a lot of what you said describes him, but maybe not all. ;)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I think I'm Year of the Horse. I wonder what that says about me...

~Lisa