Thursday, April 21, 2011

Clippity Clop on a Beautiful Thursday Morning

This morning was another good morning for a ride.  The temperature was about 70 degrees. The sun was shining and there was a nice breeze.

After a brief warm up in our back we rode over to the arroyo south of us.  We walked through some soft sandy roads which gave the horses a good workout for their muscles.  We got a chance to do some gaiting on the dirt road back towards our house and both horses did pretty well.  Before heading for home, there’s a grassy spot we let the horses graze in.  Even though there are clumps of grass they prefer eating the sage like Morgunn is doing in the above picture (Morgunn just got his spring trace clip to help him cool off while he’s shedding his winter coat).

Here’s a short (15 seconds) video of us riding out for the ride.  We cross the street, go down our neighbors drive and cut through to the open sage area to the south.  The reason I posted this short video is the clip clop sound of the horses hooves on our concrete drive.  To me it’s a very relaxing sound.

6 comments:

TjandMark said...

Very nice clippity clop. 70 degrees sounds wonderful We had sun today, but it was windy and a bit cold at 60 degrees. I recently brought 2 of our horses in from being loose and have enjoyed caring for them and riding each day for at least a little while. I am feeling much better now.

Jeni said...

I will trade you my rain for SOME of your sunshine!

I want to ride so bad but everthing is muck water covered not to mention cold 50 F or less.

Mark's Space said...

Superb photograph of an incredible landscape Dan and a nice representation of your relationship to it.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

It's been terrific riding weather, hasn't it? I'm glad you guys got out.

Michelle said...

I also love that sound. Another fun one is the sound of them chewing their hay. Love it. Sure wish I loved the sound of my kiddos munching as much as the horses.

juliette said...

Love the video and the clippity clop - I like that sound too. Gorgeous where you are. I am so jealous. Glad you had a nice ride.