That’s not really a newsflash. I’m often distracted.
We had a great time at the Galloping Grace Youth Ranch volunteer dinner last night. We have a lot of great returning and new volunteers for the coming year. With Max and Michelle’s leadership it’s going to be a great year.
We rode Sugar and Morgunn in the back again this morning and they both did well. Betty is really getting a lot out of Morgunn and they make a great pair. I enjoy working with Sugar as she’s a little rougher around the edges than Morgunn, but she’s coming along nicely. The new bit, the Imus Comfort Gait bit, is working well. It’s a good choice for her.
What’s distracting me and Betty is the fact that we have painters coming to the house on Thursday morning. We’re having the whole inside of the house repainted. As with most new houses, all of our walls are a nice, off-white color called Navajo White (appropriate for a New Mexico house).
Now it’s time to get a little color into the house. We’re going to paint half of the great room/dining room area a rust red. We’ll also use this rust red color on an accent wall in the front guest room.
The kiva fireplace is going to go from a tan to a nice green color. This same green color will be used for the guest bathroom and our bedroom. The kitchen will be a very light gold color. Some of the walls will be repainted with the Navajo White. We’re using the color as accents rather than painting a whole area in color. The only exception to that is the kitchen which will be entirely painted in the new color.
The only rooms we’re not painting is the back guest bedroom (our antique bedroom) and the computer room. Both of those rooms don’t get that much use so they’re still pretty fresh.
I’ll try to get some pictures, but I’m not sure when I’ll be back on to post.
We’re spending our time getting the place ready for the painters – moving things, cleaning things, etc., etc.
They will paint on Thursday and Friday and expect to finish next Monday.
We’re looking forward to the new colors.
8 comments:
Paint color can add so much! Your colors sound wonderful. I especially want to see the kiva fireplace after painting....
It's always confusing when the routine gets shaken up! Lean into the changes :-)
Can't wait to see photos and see it all in person!
I love it...I just counted 17 cans of paint-all different colors used for our house..pretty much fun for someone partially color blind. And the nice thing is, if you don't like it, you (or someone else) can do it again..ENJOY.
Oooh! How exciting. Nothing like a fresh coat of paint to brighten things up. And the addition of color will add a new mood to the rooms.
Good to hear you and Betty are enjoying riding and the new bit is working well.
~Lisa
I like painting :) Those colours sound wonderful !
Good luck with all the decorating then Dan and Lisa's right; newly decorated or painted rooms can have such a positive effect. Good luck with it all.
I'm really hoping for before and after!
And good for you guys freshening things up! I'm impressed. You don't even have grubby little fingers all over the walls.
The colors you've picked sound great! Especially the green against the rust red.
Glad you squeezed in a ride before the painters. Horse time first, house time, then blog time. Blogging can wait...horses and living can't! Have fun!
Post a Comment