Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cody Wyoming

Cody Wyoming is one of the original Old West towns.  It was the home base for Buffalo Bill Cody and is now the home base for the Buffalo Bill Historical Center – one of the great Western Museums.  It has a firearms wing, a Western art wing, an Indian wing, a natural history wing, and a Buffalo Bill wing – all are great.

We spent a good part of one day seeing each section.

Buffalo Bill HDR (1)_640x427
Buffalo Bill HDR (3)_640x427
Buffalo Bill’s show outfit.

Buffalo Bill HDR (4)_320x480
Buffalo Bill HDR (5)_640x427

Here’s the next saddle that Betty wants me to buy for her horse Morgunn.

Buffalo Bill HDR (8)_320x480

During the day we went to lunch at the Irma Hotel which was built by Buffalo Bill in 1902.

Irma Hotel (1)_640x480
Irma Hotel (3)_640x480
Irma Hotel (2)_640x480

3 comments:

TjandMark said...

I may never see all these spots personally, but I love, love, love getting to travel along with your two.

Mark's Space said...

It's interesting to see the real history behind the films Dan. It reminds me of the classic Clint Eastwood films;now there's a great director.

Michelle said...

I agree with Tj and Mark. Really cool shots.

And I say get Betty the saddle. :)