It’s incredible to me the men and women who put their lives on the line to work 16 hour days in heat, smoke and soot to fight this beast. They are the best.
We went to dinner last night to celebrate our anniversary and this was the smoke as the sun set.
This was the sun shining through the smoke this morning after feeding the horses.
But in the midst of all this some things are good. Our Daylilies are doing great. Perhaps they like the smoke.


6 comments:
Gorgeous Daylilys. They are the color of fire.
I picked up John from the airport last night and the view of the Jemez mountains and all the smoke was incredible from up there.
I hope the fire is under control soon.
~Lisa
Lovely photographs. I like your "TM" on them!
Did I mention that I was in Jemez for the last week? Camp Nurse at Camp Shaver. We were about 5 miles from where the fire started. I got some interesting pics too.
Let's hope the emergency services can contain the fire, sooner rather than later.
Regards
Mark.
I love the second photo. Very impressionistic and the daylily color is intense. I haven't seen one like that before. Praying for your fires to end soon. Rain would be good right about now.
The first two photos are gorgeous. Sad they have smoke, but still gorgeous. I couldn't see the last two. Weird box with a question mark in them.
Forgot to wish you and Betty a Happy Anniversary.
~Lisa
Post a Comment