Sunday, December 11, 2011

One Thousand and Counting

I just happened to notice that we were coming up on blog post number one thousand for Dan and Betty's Place - and this it.

It's hard for us to believe that we could find that many things to talk about.  It's also hard for us to imagine that there are people who have been willing to read some of these posts.  Other than ourselves, we doubt seriously that there is anyone else foolish enough to have read all one thousand.

Some people may say that those of us who write a blog about our lives are self-focused and there may be some truth to that.  However, we like to think it's a good way to share our lives with those who might be interested.  In any case it's a whole lot more satisfying than trying to share your life in 140 characters or less (e.g., Facebook).

So, we'll keep on keeping on for awhile.  If we're blessed with enough life from God, we might make another  thousand.  Um, that may be a scary thought.

Here's to all our blogging friends for what we have learned from you and the inspiration you have been through your words and pictures.  If we have given you a laugh, an inspiration, some encouragement or just a way to waste a few moments of your time, then the calluses on our typing fingers are worth it.

Warmest regards,

Dan & Betty

PS.  The bill above is a fake.

5 comments:

juliette said...

Congratulations! Wow! One thousand posts - that is wonderful.

I enjoy your posts and inspirational thoughts and will continue to follow you to the next 1000.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Too bad we don't get gifted a thousand dollars from Blogger when we reach that mark, eh? We'd all be posting fools. lol!

Congrats on the thousand mark. I've probably read most of them, and have enjoyed them all. Because we have no family in New Mexico, keeping in touch via blog with friends and family near and far lifts my spirits. I agree about FB...it just feels hollow. I've been blogging for over 5 years now and have way surpassed that 1,000 mark, and I don't like to keep track of it anymore. hehe!
I'm glad you've kept up with blogging. Somehow it makes me feel closer to you and Betty just keeping in touch this way.

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

So glad you do not just Tweet! Enjoy those Grandgirls!
Looking forward to March!
Molly D.

Anonymous said...

keep on truckin'

Michelle said...

I'm hoping for at least 15,000 more from you. I think I've read most of them, too. Maybe I get to them late, but I still read 'em. Always enjoy what you have to say.

AND, I would never think of you as self-focused. You are always trying to inform, encourage, entertain, etc.

Love you.