Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Reflection - It Is Good

 Genesis 1:31 -- God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning —the sixth day. 

I was looking again at the pictures I posted from our recent visit to the Bosque del Apache Nature Preserve. The beauty of the birds reminds me of the greatness of God's creation.  He is the great Artist.

In the first chapter of Genesis God says "it is good" six times as he creates.  Finally, in the last verse, as most artists do, he steps back to review his artwork, and he says that it is not only good, but it is very good.

So, when you start doubting who you are, what's your purpose, what's your worth, just remember that God stepped back after creating you, looked at his creation, and said, "you are very good."

 

2 comments:

Keri said...

Awwwweeee ~ that made me melt. LOVELY! I needed that too. Thanks!

TjandMark said...

Amen. We all need to remember and walk in that affirmation