It's not every day that I will say that someone else's suffering gives me comfort, but I will say that today.
Matthew 26:38 Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."
It gives me comfort to know that Jesus suffered the night before his death. Why? Because it reminds me that Jesus was fully human and fully understands everything that I go through.
I can't relate to a god who sits on high and makes judgment of me when he/she doesn't know what it means to be me. How can I relate to someone who doesn't know how to relate to me?
Fortunately, Jesus can relate to me because he has lived a human life - and I can safely relate to him.
2 comments:
Amen.
Indeed. I find comfort there too.
Post a Comment