Saturday, May 26, 2012
Heading to Tennessee to Learn More
I will board a Southwestern flight today at Noon to fly to Nashville, Tennessee. I will spend tonight with Betty's stepmother, Nita, in Franklin, Tennessee.
After lunch on Sunday I'll drive my rental car to Baxter, Tennessee (close to Cookeville). Monday morning I'll start a week long horsemanship clinic with Larry Whitesell.
Larry is a gaited horse trainer and Betty and I have been using his methods for about a year and a half now with Sugar and Morgunn. We've seen some good results.
I'll use one of his horses and my goal for the training is to improve myself as a rider/trainer. I know that Sugar's growth and development is directly connected to my growth and development.
The clinic ends Friday afternoon. I'll drive back to Franklin Friday night and spend Friday and Saturday nights with Nita. I fly home on Sunday, June 3.
I have no idea if I will have a wifi connection or not. I stuck a few scheduled posts on if I don't have a wifi connection. If I do have a connection I'll post about my activities throughout the week.
Keep Betty in your thoughts and prayers. She'll have full duty for the house and the horses while I'm gone. I have no doubts that she's capable. I wouldn't leave for over a week if I had any concerns. But it's still a big job for just one person.
Be good while I'm gone and don't forget me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So close and still so far away!! Betty will remain in my prayers. Have fun learning more!
Oh how fun! A new horse adventure!
Betty will do fine. If I can run an entire household by myself while my hubby works in Phoenix 5 days out of each week, and I can feed and care for 3 kids, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 22 chickens, 2 llamas, 3 goats, 1 horse, and 3 fish...I am absolutely that Betty can handle 2 horses and the house.
Have a great time!
~Lisa
I've always enjoyed an occasional few days apart-but not too long. Blessings on you both and safe travels.
We miss you guys! Glad you did this for yourself.
Post a Comment