Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hi From Franklin, Tennessee

We arrived at Betty's stepmother's house on Monday afternoon.

We have had a wonderful visit with Nita and Margie, Betty's sister. We have had wonderful food, good conversation and Margie, Betty and I have enjoyed going to the pool in Nita's condo community.

The only problem has been the heat (see picture at left taken of the thermometer on Nita's patio taken at 4:15 PM today, Thursday).

What makes it even worse is the humidity. The dew point has been around 75 which means it feels like a suffocating, wet blanket any time you go outside.

I love many aspects of Tennessee - family, the rolling green hills, but I hate the humidity.

We're looking forward to getting back to our low humidity New Mexico.

We'll leave Sunday about 12:30 PM to make the drive to Cookeville for our riding lessons next week.

Take care. We miss you all.

 

5 comments:

bobbyd said...

Glad all is well. Hot is Hot even in the desert, but wet hot is called a sauna. Say Hi to Nita. I like the new blog banner..

Anonymous said...

did you make the stylized banner on iPhoto? bob has yet to try it out, but this piqued his interest.
we are to have a break in humidity this weekend. like so many other things the weather folks predict, we will believe it when we see it!!

TjandMark said...

Have fun, stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water in Costa Rica really helped keep us sane amidst the sweat

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like a great visit with family, but the humidity sounds horrid! The weather's been beautiful here in NM, as usual :)

~Lisa

Michelle said...

I'm with you--humidity isn't for me. I remember that the most of our trip to Mississippi. I said over and over, "Why would you live here?" I know that is a silly question because there is so much beauty, I'm just not tough enough to endure that torture.