Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Reflection - Feel

One of the things Betty and I are learning about ourselves and our horses is the idea of feel. There are plenty of definitions of feel depending on the horse person you ask.

For us, feel is a matter of we and the horses listening to each other - physically, emotionally and spiritually -and finding a place where we can work together.

One of the things we finding out is that what we offer the horse we get back from them. If we offer peace, calm, softness, relaxation, confidence then we get the same back.

If we offer frustration, confusion, tenseness, anxiety then we get the same back.

As a Christian I believe that applies to my relationships with people God brings to my path. If I offer love, acceptance, peace, calm to others I often get the same back from them. If I offer anxiety, frustration, anger, tenseness then I get that back as well.

The difference between horses and people is consistency. Whatever you offer to horses you almost always get the same back from all horses with just a few exceptions.

However, people aren't as consistent as horses. I can offer all kinds things to different people and in some I will get the same back - but not as consistently as horses. Sometimes I can offer love, acceptance, etc. and I get in return tenseness, anger, etc. back.

That's when God works on patience with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great contrast and comparison! I like it!

Keri said...

I pray for patience constantly! Lovely post.

TjandMark said...

Good insights.