Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Arches - The Last National Park

(It's Wednesday afternoon and, after 4,502 miles, we're home safe and sound. We stopped and spent last night in Durango, Colorado. The hotel we stayed in had terrible wifi so I didn't get to do the post I wanted to. I have two more posts from our trip I want to do. I'll do the first, our visit to Arches National Park, now and the last one, our stay in Durango, tomorrow, Thursday. Our next post will be Sunday when we do a recap of our trip, what we learned and the things that were important to us.)

Last Sunday, Betty felt good enough for us to get out and go see Arches National Park, the last National Park on our list. (Betty is still doing well so we're hopeful this shingles is a minor case.) Of all the parks we saw, Arches is one we actually have visited before.

Twenty years ago, Betty, Chris (our youngest son) and I visited Arches on our way to visit Wade Daniel (our oldest) who was working in Ogden, Utah that summer.

Arches is only a mile North of Moab so it was easy to get there. As the name implies, the several arches are the attraction, but there is also a lot of great rock formations to see. We didn't see the whole park so we could get back to the motel to rest, but we did spend almost three hours there.

Here are a few pictures and a relatively short video of our Arches visit.

On our way back to our hotel, we took a little side trip on a road that ran along the Colorado River.

Tomorrow, Monday, we head for Durango, Colorado and then home.

 

2 comments:

TjandMark said...

I love the red and the blue, blue sky! Get we'll Betty!

bobbyd said...

spectacular and welcome home..