Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Talented Neighbor

One of the fun attractions of the Balloon Fiesta is the craft fair that's held each of the two weekends of the event. It's a juried event and the arts and crafts are all top notch.

This past Sunday, Betty, Wade and I went to the craft fair for two reasons. One, we wanted to buy some more dipping oil that Marie had bought the weekend before. The other reason was to see our neighbor, TJ, who is an artist.

TJ was on the waiting list and one presenter canceled so she participated the last weekend.

TJ goes by her maiden name, Beverly Tjarks, and she's a talented artist.

Here are some pictures of her work starting with a picture of her with Betty in her booth.

Here's a picture of a smaller piece that I really liked and we wound up taking it home.
Here's what it looks like on our wall.

TJ is a very talented artist and her work is unique. If you want to see more of her work, or contact her about her work, here's her web address:

www.beverlytjarks.com

 

3 comments:

Keri said...

I love craft fairs.... and I really like TJ's stuff. You picked a great piece.
The balloon photos below are so GRAND!
And if your house is too quiet... stop by mine!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Lovely, unique art!

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Really nice! Was it woven with both willow and yarn?