Betty and I went to see an extraordinary movie last week, Could Atlas and I posted about it.
Well, we saw another extraordinary movie today, Tuesday - Life of Pi.
As with Cloud Atlas, Life of Pi is derived from a book.
It's an amazing story and production. It's incredible how far computer graphics have come. You will believe the animals are real - especially the tiger who has an unusual name.
Again, I won't divulge any of the story, but it's a visual feast that will keep you glued to the screen.
We highly recommend it (but not for kids).

3 comments:
That is next on our list...and then On the Road, though I am not sure how they will translate Kerouac to the big screen.
I read the book a few years ago and it was life changing for me. Not many books make me think deeply about life and situations and why and how people do the things they do, like Life of Pi did. The book's ending truly surprised me and made me spend many days and hours afterwards pondering what truly happened and what was real and what wasn't.
I want to see the movie, but am afraid that it, the ending especially, will be different than the book.
~Lisa
It was pretty amazing. I'm sad I didn't read the book first.
Dare I admit we took our children? It said PG so we figured we were OK. They all enjoyed--Grant was a little disturbed though.
Post a Comment