Betty and I worked with Morgunn and Sugar yesterday, Wednesday, and they both did pretty well. After we were done, I heard a familiar squawking sound and looked up. There were 7 or 8 different flights of Sandhill Cranes heading North. In the almost 9 years we've lived in New Mexico this is the earliest we've seen them heading back to the Northern extremes.
Maybe an early Spring?



5 comments:
I love the noise Sandhills make - it's such a rattling/clattering sound. Many of them fly over us in the spring, and some nest in our area - they're beautiful birds.
I'm ready for my coats to be put away and it is only mid-Feb, But, it was 60 today and I spent some time in the yard after work..so refreshing.
Oh wow! This is a major huge deal! This just doesn't happen this early in the season!
I'd trust the cranes and snow geese migrating over any rodent who might see his shadow!
~Lisa
Ooh! I did miss getting to hear them!
It looked pretty cold on our fly by, I'd hold onto those coats a little longer
Post a Comment