Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Was Wrong!

Several days ago I did a post about a truck that was stuck and caught on fire in the sage area across from our house.

At the time I made the comment that this hulk would probably be there for a long time. I didn't expect anyone, including our small village, would have the time and resources to move it.

Well, I was wrong, which happens fairly often. Probably won't be the last time.

Monday morning Betty and I were out in our front setting some annual flowers when we noticed two off-road trucks and a flat bed truck driving up the dirt road toward the wreck.

Sure enough they moved it out.

They were gone about 20 minutes after I took this picture.

Definitely this is one time that I am glad that I was wrong.

 

3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I figured they would. Like I said before, it's illegal to dump in the desert, and if garbage isn't cleaned up quickly, other people start using the same area to dump, too. Better to clean up trash quickly before that happens.

~Lisa

Unknown said...

What a relief! Lots of people consider those old cars in fields to be objects d' arte

Anonymous said...

They probably wanted the money for the metal? Glad it is gone.