Betty is an awesome cook. She creates good old fashioned meat and potatoes meals and she can also fix things that are more complicated and require a lot of finese. I'm a lucky and blessed man.
One thing she makes that I love is her oatmeal bread. She makes both regular and whole wheat and they both are delicious. She's the only person I know that still makes this wonderful bread.
I told her that if anything happened to her I didn't want her bread recipe to disappear. So, yesterday, Sunday, I asked her to teach me how to make her bread - and we did - two loaves of whole wheat oatmeal bread.
Here's one of the loaves I made - I had a good teacher. As you can tell from the picture I had to have a piece - not bad if I do say so myself.
2 comments:
Please post the recipe now!
Would she be willing to share the recipes?
Post a Comment