We all know by now that it's a New Year -- full of promises, hopes and even maybe a few resolutions.
In reality, the New Year is an arbitrary creation of mankind to fit some notion of a calendar that helps us order our lives. I suspect to God there is no new or old year. Time is moving steadily to it's ordained completion when Christ returns.
In the meantime God is promising that he is making all things new.
And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” Then He said to me, “ It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega,... (Revelation 21:5,6)
It is done and Christ sits on the throne this day and every day and, in a ways we may not understand he is contstantly making all things new. All things. Even the things we don't like or want in our lives. Even the people we don't like or want in our lives. Even the circumstances we don't like or want in our lives.
There is no exception to 'all things.' That is both hopeful and a little scary.
This past Friday morning there was another of our beautiful New Mexico sunrises when I was out feeding the horses. Yet, this one was different in that it affected, it changed the whole sky from East to West. It took two panorama shots to capture the beauty of God's work in our sky.
I pray that my eyes will be open to all of God's newness in this coming year and, I suspect, it will include a few surprises.
2 comments:
Amen,Amen, Amen. Lovely Post and photos. May God Bless you both this year and may you bless him too. I'm sure this post did.
Well put..We do not get to choose what and how things will change,but they will, and I look forward to what God has in mind.
Post a Comment