I normally don't want to post about politcal things, but I have to say a few words about our idiots (oops, I mean congress folk) in Washington. I know this is a complicated situation and I have no idea what's the best thing to do. I tend to be in favor of a free market that corrects itself, but I have to admit that with all the tinkering Washington has done in the past few decades, it's hard to say we actually have a free market any more. Hopefully, more wiser heads than mine will eventually come to the fore (but I'm not holding my breath).
Most of all I'm so disappointed in the bickering and finger-pointing that is going on. Are these leaders or spoiled kids? I vote for spoiled kids. In my years of service as a Navy officer and my years as a manager for a large corporation, I have never seen such a total lack of leadership.
It also amazes me that the people who helped create this mess can lie so easily as they blame others.
All I can say for Betty and me is at the end of the day, our trust is still in the Lord of Lords and King of Kings.
Our founding fathers must be rolling over in their graves.
Today is September 29 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Bryant Gumble, Lech Walesa, Jerry Lee Lewis, Enrico Fermi, Stanley Kramer, Gene Autry, and Horatio Nelson.
On this day in 1789 Congress established a US Army. In 1829 Scotland Yard was established. In 1978 Pope John Paul I died. And, in 2008 the US Congress lost any last shred of integrity.
3 comments:
Well said. I do worry too much and need the reminder who to continually put my trust in. I do have to say Wow though about the market drop. I kind of wish we had just went out and spent our savings instead of gambling..I mean investing in the stock market. Oh well.
Tj
Crazy stuff! I, too, cannot stand how they all sit around blaming the other side. Seriously, dudes!
Breathe Deep...and Pray.
Be Still.....And know that He is God.....
Love ya :)
~Lisa
Post a Comment