Cosmos grow very well here in Corrales, New Mexico. We have a friend who grows beautiful flowers and sells them at the Corrales Growers Market on Sunday mornings. We went there today to buy some late summer greens, green beans, beets, honey, and some oven bread. While there we bought a bunch of purple Cosmos from her and they're sitting in our living room as I write this.
.jpg)
I like Cosmos. I think they're beautiful. They're delicate, but rich in their color. Their stems are thin so they are able to flex easily in the winds that we often have here. They're a tall plant so, even though they're fragile in appearance, they're majestic in their height.
They're a 'social' plant. You never see a single Cosmos plant. They always grow in bunches, usually fairly large bunches.
I love God's creativity. There's no question in my mind that God is an Artist. You only have to look around our world to see His artistic touch. His colors are many and varied. And, you never see colors clashing on God's canvas. Look at the Cosmos in the picture above. The yellows, purples and greens are magnificent together.
You rarely, if ever, see a straight line or an angle in God's artwork. His creations flow, circle and glide in graceful ways.
But, God is also an Engineer. His creations bring together flexibility and strength. And, their intricacy is amazing.
I hope we can look around and see God's creation in the people who inhabit our lives. I know the people in my life - both family and friends - are beautiful examples of God's artistry and engineering. By the world's standards, we may not consider our selves as works of art, but God never creates junk. We need to always remember that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made."
Today is September 21 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Nicole Richie, Faith Hill, Bill Murray, Stephen King, and H. G. Wells.
On this day in 1897 the New York Sun ran an editorial that answered a question from 8-year old Virginia O'Hanlon - "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." In 1937 J. R. R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" was published. And, in 1970 ABC's "Monday Night Football" debuted.
5 comments:
I'm finally catching up with reading your blog. YOu have some wonderful things to share.
God has given us so many beautiful gifts, hasn't He?
~Lisa
Cosmos are lovely flowers. I also like the blue Asters that grow wild. They are definitely a reminder that summer is almost over.
I like your daily news and birthday trivia. Thanks for sharing!
Tj here and I love cosmos too. This year we had a small bunch planted next to our summer bed, so we could awake to their smile. Thanks for sharing, it is important to always have eyes to see.
I too love cosmos. Joe always plants them from seed and they are so very beautiful. Very hardy too!
How is Betty doing?
never knew cosmos existed until just now! how sad is that? i am terrible at differentiating between diff plants and flowers--birds, too, for that matter!
you really make me want to go to the farmers' market. if i only could remember...
thanks for pointing out God's artistic touch. I'll pay attention more closely. :) Love you guys.
Post a Comment