Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Mop I Go


A real short post today because I mopped our whole house today and I'm pooped.  My Dad used to say as he got older, "I can do everything I always could do.  It only takes me twice as long to do it and twice as long to recover."  So true.

We have tile in all the house because we have family who are allergic to cats.  Carpets collect cat dander like crazy.  I like the tile a lot, except for the two times a year when I mop it.  I spent most of yesterday vacuuming everywhere - even moving furniture to get all the little dust bunnies that have lived there for almost 6 months.

Tomorrow, we finish getting the house ready and our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter should be here in time for dinner.  We'll also have Marie's sister and her husband and their two little girls.  It will be a fun time.

Today is October 8 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with:  Matt Damon, Sigourney Weaver, Chevy Chase (who used to be funny), Jesse Jackson, Paul Hogan, Eddie Rickenbacker, and Juan Peron.

On this day in 1871 the Great Chicago Fire erupted.  in 1981 Sgt. Alvin York singlehanded killed 25 Germand soldiers and captured 132 in the Argonne Forest in France.  He won the Medal of Honor.  in 1944 "Ozzie and Harriet" made its debut on CBS radio.  In 1956 Don Larsen pitched the only perfect game in a World Series.  In 1970 author Alexander Solzhenitzen won the Nobel Prize for literature.  And, in 2004 Martha Stewart reported to prison to start a prison makeover.

2 comments:

The Wades said...

nice legs, dan! i'm so jealous your floors are mopped. i'll pay big bucks if you'll come do mine!

i'm excited for you guys having your family come. :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

How exciting: Family coming to visit!

I'm a little jealous of Betty, though.
Wish my hubby would mop our floors sometime.

(Betty, how'd you get Dan to willingly mop all the tile?)

~Lisa