Thursday, October 9, 2008

More Balloons

A quick post of mostly pictures.  We're finishing up getting the house ready for our family who should get here about 5:00 PM.  We're going to the Special Shape Mass Ascension tomorrow morning, the Special Shape Balloon Glow tomorrow night, and the All Balloons Mass Ascension on  Saturday morning.  I'll take a ton of pictures and it may be Sunday or Monday before I have time to get them off my camera and onto a post.

Here are some pictures from the balloons that came by this morning from the Special Shape Mass Ascension this morning.









Finally, a picture of our resident Roadrunner, Simone, drying her feathers in the morning sun as she watches the balloons go over.

Today is October 9 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with:  Annika Sorenstram, Tony Shaloub (Monk), Scott Bakula, Sharon Osbourne (Ozzie's wife), John Lennon, Charles R. Walgreen, and Aimee Semple McPherson.

On this day in 1701 Yale University was chartered.  In 1776 a group of Spanish missionaries settled what was to become San Francisco.  In 1888 the public was first admitted to the Washington Monument.  In 1930 Laura Ingalls became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean.  And in 1967 the Latin guerilla Che Guevara was executed.  

4 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I just love New Mexico.

We're going to try to head out and see the Special Shapes tomorrow morning. I'm not very good at mornings.

Wish me luck :)
~Lisa

Anonymous said...

You have some new interesting balloons! I especially love the picture of the striped one over the top of the other striped one -- it looks like a reflection!!

Can't believe Simone is still making her appearances!

The Wades said...

Dan The Man, you got some fantastic shots! I'm with Jane--that picture is spectacular!

It was so nice to meet your sweet family at the pumpkin stand. Lovely people! :) Thanks so much for stopping by.

TjandMark said...

Next year at this time, I hope we are in New Mexico! What wonderful photos of a spectacular site.

Tj