For Monday's Video we found an inspiring video. Be sure and watch both parts. It will be well worth your time.
I have to admit I shed a tear, or two, or twenty as I listened to Nick share his story. What courage, what peace. This is a man who truly knows who he is and he's comfortable with that knowledge. I have both arms and legs and yet I find myself envying this young man and his life.
Today is November 24 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Katherine Heigl (actress, "Gray's Anatomy"), William F. Buckley, Jr. (publisher), Dale Carnegie (creator of the Dale Carnegie self-help program), Scott Joplin (ragtime composer), Bat Masterson (Western law man), and Zachary Taylor (12th US President).
On this day in 1504 Queen Isabella of Spain, who sent Christopher Columbus on his first voyage, died. In 1859 British naturalist Charles Darwin published "On the Origin of Species," which explained his theory of evolution and the world hasn't been the same since. In 1864 Kit Carson and his 1st Cavalry, New Mexico Volunteers, attack a camp of Kiowa Indians in the First Battle of Adobe Walls. In 1871 the National Rifle Association was incorporated, and its first president named, Major General Ambrose E. Burnside. In 1874 Joseph Glidden received a patent for barbed wire and the West was never the same. And in 1963 Jack Ruby shot and mortally wounded Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President Kennedy.
2 comments:
"Dream Big"....indeed!
What a truly inspirational and thought provoking young man. wow.
~Lisa
Wow. I had seen a shorter video of Nick last year, but this one was more in depth. He is truly an amazing and inspiring man.
Post a Comment