One of my favorite movies is "Forrest Gump." If you recall, one of Forrest's sayings was his mother always told him that "stupid is as stupid does."
Today's video illustrates that saying in a very real way.
Today is November 17 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Laura Wilkinson (Olympic diver), Daisy Fuentes (host of "America's Funniest Videos"), Danny DeVito (actor, "Taxi"), Lorne Michaels (producer, "Saturday Night Live"), Tom Seaver (pitcher for the New York Mets), Martin Scorcese (director, "Taxi Driver"), Gordon Lightfoot (singer/composer, "If You Could Read My Mind"), and Lee Strasberg (acting teacher).
On this day in 1800 Congress held its first session in Washington in the partially completed Capitol building. In 1852 the U.S. Post Office issued a 1-cent carrier stamp to make it easier to pay fees for delivering and collecting letters. It was the first postage stamp to depict an American eagle; and the last to make it easier to pay the fees. In 1869 the Suez Canal opened in Egypt, linking the Mediterranean and the Red seas. In 1934 Lyndon Baines Johnson married Claudia Alta Taylor, better known as "Lady Bird." In 1973 President Nixon told Associated Press managing editors meeting in Orlando, Florida, that "people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook." And in 2003 the Terminator, Arnold Schwarzenegger, is inaugurated as Governor of California.
4 comments:
Maybe that knocked some sense into her!
Thanks so much for helping Max today.
I'm laughing here...remembering that time I asked Hank to pick up his left hind and he said no and I kept insisting and he kept saying no and then I learned why. It's not like he didn't warn me. At least no one nearby had a video camera.
gross!
oh, yuck!!!
Post a Comment