I figured I would do an 'advance' post on Tuesday for Wednesday since I don't expect to feel that good after going to the dentist - I know, I'm a wimp.
So, I thought I would share some new pictures of our granddaughter, Juliet, that we just received from our son and daughter-in-law. The pictures are from her first birthday and Halloween which was the next day.
I know we're biased, but ain't she cute?
Today is November 19 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Kerri Strug (Olympic gold medalist gymnast), Jodie Foster (actress, "Contact"), Meg Ryan (actress, "Sleepless in Seattle"), Calvin Klein (fashion designer), Ted Turner (founder of CNN and known blowhard), Dick Cavett (TV host), Larry King (CNN host), Indira Ghandi (Indian Prime Minister), Tommy Dorsey (big band leader), and James Garfield (20th US President).
On this day in 1794 the United States and Britain signed the Jay Treaty, which resolved some issues left over from the Revolutionary War. In 1850 the first life insurance policy issued to a woman was purchased by 36-year-old Carolyn Ingraham of Madison, New Jersey. In 1863 President Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address as he dedicated a national cemetery at the site of the Civil War battlefield in Pennsylvania. The main speaker, Edward Everett spoke for over two hours. No one remembers what he said. Lincoln spoke for less than 2 minutes and his address has gone down in history. In 1932 Halfback Joe Kershallo scored 71 points to lead West Liberty State College of West Virginia to a staggering 127-0 win over Cedarville College, Ohio. And in 1959 the last Edsel rolled off the assembly line. Ford Motor Company stopped production of the big flop after two years and a total of 110,847 cars.
4 comments:
It's not just you being biased, she's darn cute! I love her costume and the one with mama.
Hope your mouth is OK.
Her smile is like her mama's. She is special, and you have every right to be proud.
Awwww! She just perked up my own spirits!
She might be the prettiest little girl in the entire world, Dan.
You must be so proud. :)
~Lisa
New Mexico
Oh my!!! She is so precious! I just want to eat her up. I can only imagine how hard it is to not see her every day.
Post a Comment