Thursday, November 20, 2008

Headin' for the Outback

Betty and I were the recipients of a gift card for Outback Steakhouse so we're headed there this evening for dinner.

We've eaten at the Outback maybe three or four times over the years. Sometimes I've been happy with the steak and other times I wasn't so impressed.

In any case, it's free so it will be a good meal. I'm easy to please. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.

(It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just one week from today.)

Today is November 20 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Josh Turner (country singer), Bo Derek (actress, "10"), Duane Allman (singer, "Allman Brothers"), Veronica Hamel (actress, "Hill Street Blues"), Joe Biden (VP-Elect - hard to believe he's next in line for the Presidency), Dick Smothers (singer, "The Smothers Brothers"), Richard Dawson (actor/host - "Hogan's Heroes" and "Family Feud"), Estelle Parsons (actress, "Bonnie and Clyde"), Robert F. Kennedy (slain brother of President John F. Kennedy), and Alistair Cooke (host of "Masterpiece Theater").

On this day in 1620 Peregrine White was born aboard the "Mayflower" in Massachusetts Bay -- the first child born of English parents in present-day New England. In 1789 New Jersey became the first state to ratify the Bill of Rights. In 1866 the rotary crank bicycle was patented, by Pierre Lallemont in Paris, France. The bike, incidentally, was known as "the bone shaker." And in 1947 Britain's future queen, Princess Elizabeth, married Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh: in a ceremony broadcast worldwide from Westminster Abbey.

4 comments:

TjandMark said...

Have a bloomin onion! They are incredible. Tj

The Wades said...

Date night! Fun times. We haven't been in a long time, but I remember lovin' their potato soup and fried mushrooms. Lotta good that tip does you now.

Love

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Free is good, Dan :) Enjoy!

And don't order the turkey. lol!

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hey Dan.....You've been tagged!

~Lisa