Boston's Fenway Park is one of the classic ball parks remaining in the U.S. The "Green Monster" wall in left field is legendary.
Recently they had a "Disability Awareness Day" at one of their games. A young man with an obvious disability was asked to sing the National Anthem prior to the game and to sing it accapella. Several other people with disabilities were standing around the field with the major league players as he started to sing.
It's obvious as he starts that he's going to have difficulty and there is some laughter, but don't let that put you off. Even he gets tickled and laughs with them.
But what's amazing is how 60,000 people join in to sing with him. I've been to many games over the years and I've never heard the National Anthem sung so well or by so many at any game.
It's a touching moment. Enjoy!
4 comments:
I cried. Beautiful.
Full body chills, crying, and laughing. Made me proud to be an American. Am I a corn ball or what? Still crying as I type this.
Couldn't have loved this more. :)
Just showed Max--made me cry and laugh again. OH, and the chills. There were lots and lots of chills. Max said, "That was neat." I tell ya, that man is poetic!
Awwww, brought a tear to my eye, laughter to my heart, a chills. Beautiful :)
~Lisa
Post a Comment