Sunday, June 13, 2010

Last Day of Our Steamboat Springs Trip

We left Steamboat Springs on Sunday morning and drove up to Fish Creek Falls just outside of the town.
DSC_4345_640x426
 



Then we drove home, keeping our eyes open for more moose.  However, we didn’t really expect to see any and we were happy with the three moose on the way up to Steamboat Springs.

Boy, were we surprised.  First this one, a cow…
DSC_4382_640x426
Then this bull…
DSC_4370_640x415
And if that wasn’t enough, we ran across a clearing where there were four moose – these three bulls…
DSCN0417_640x155 DSC_4465_640x426
DSC_4442_640x426
DSC_4477_346x480 
… and a cow laying down behind the bushes…
DSC_4474_640x425

We would have been happy to see just one moose, but we wound up seeing a total of nine.

On the way home, we stopped at a campgrounds to use their restrooms and Juliet found a puddle to play in.


Here are some more pictures from earlier.

First, on Thursday night after we arrived, Betty gave Juliet a robe that I had brought from Japan (while I was in the Navy) for Wade Daniel when he was Juliet’s age.

On Saturday, we went to a hot springs in the morning, but it started raining in the afternoon and rained the rest of the day.  That evening, after supper, we went back to our room and Juliet and I had some fun playing together.
DSCN0393_640x480 
DSCN0396_640x480

All in all, our trip to Steamboat Springs was great.

5 comments:

Keri said...

I have a special place in my heart for Steamboat. My sis was there for the last 10 or so years. It is beyond beautiful. Did you go to Strawberry Hot Springs? Have a safe trip home~

TjandMark said...

I am stressed today and the fall's video was just the ticket to a calmer place.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Gosh, look at all those moose! Is that where they all live? Steamboat Springs? If I go, will I see one??

Juliet is getting big fast. I'll bet it's hard to leave her when you go home because you know she's going to keep growing before you see her again. She's absolutely beautiful and so is your video.

The Wades said...

I am so impressed Betty hung on to the robe all these years. (And could find it to share with Juliet!) What a special gift.

Moose=awesome!

Juliet=precious!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

O my goodness! I had no idea there were moose as far south as Colorado!
I liked the video very much. There is something so wonderful about the sound of rushing water. Especially since we've been so very dry this Spring/early Summer. The water sounds so refreshing!

Wow! Juliet has lost her baby face, and looks like a little girl now. I can tell you have such a wonderful time with her. What a sweetie! Love the photo of the two of you, Dan!

~Lisa