Friday, June 11, 2010

Drive to Steamboat Springs

On our drive to Steamboat Springs we went through an area where it’s possible to sometimes see moose.  Sure enough, in the trees… if you look close you can see a small hoof in the lower right hand of the picture…
DSC_4228_640x426
Not long after this she stuck her head out of the trees to cross the road (why does the moose cross the road?)…
DSC_4229_640x426 
Then she starts across…
DSC_4230_640x426
DSC_4231_640x426
DSC_4232_640x426
DSC_4234_640x426 
DSC_4237_640x426
Then as we were driving down the road, Marie saw this young bull eating in the marsh… his horns are pretty new and the velvet covering is still on them…
DSC_4278_640x426
DSC_4283_640x426
We got to Steamboat Springs and had dinner at Beaujo’s, a great, Colorado pizza place…
DSC_4332_481x480
DSC_4333_640x426

It was a good first day for our trip.

5 comments:

Trish said...

Awesome pictures!

TjandMark said...

I wanna go see a moose. Wow.
They look humongous.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Especially the bambina in pink.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

How cool is that? I've been to Yellowstone twice and I've never seen a moose. I didn't know they were in Colorado!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Cool moose photos! What a treat!
I love the photo of Juliet playing with Betty. Too cute!


~Lisa