Here are just a few random photos of what makes summer in New Mexico so much fun.
A Roadrunner nesting in our cottonwood tree – maybe Simone who rested in our stall fans all one winter?
One of our resident Antelope Squirrels looking for sunflower seeds in our courtyard.
Summer flowers.
![]()
The final jewel is in our cactus bed. Shortly after we moved in 6 years ago we went out into the sage and transplanted some Prickly Pear cactus and a small piece of a Cholla cactus. The Prickly Pears have bloomed almost from the beginning.
The Cholla cactus (the tall cactus in the middle) hasn’t bloomed until this year. ![]()
Summer in New Mexico is good.
6 comments:
And I am glad. Northern Cali has been cold this year.
I guess our next trip to NM will have to be a summer one-just send the 100 degree days to Phoenix..Actually, it is predicted to be 96 in Cincinnati today...
I think you must read "Where's Waldo" books. I enlarged that photo of the roadrunner and still couldn't see it.
I think it's interesting that you purposefully replanted cholla and prickly pear when out here we typically tear it out and destroy it.
My kids love to run around barefoot and we can't have prickly pears afoot (pun intended). And I've been imbedded, along with my horse, with way too many cholla thorns to ever permit them to grow on our property. gah!
The flowers are very pretty, though. And you know, they can be eaten.
We like to eat the yucca flowers around here. So tasty and delicate. They would make a delicious salad.
I love New Mexico, too, but we sure could use a good gentle, soaking rain soon.
~Lisa
Love the pictures
Lisa always has such great comments!
Um, pretty flowers.
:)
Lovely pics~
Post a Comment