Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hawaii Update

It’s Thursday night in Maui, Hawaii.  Betty and I and Betty’s sister Margie all got in OK on Tuesday evening.  Yesterday we had lunch at a great restaurant, Mama’s Fish House, on the North shore of Maui. 

Today we made the drive down the Road to Hana on the East coast of Maui.  One way, it’s about 50 miles but there are over 600 curves in that 50 miles.  And lots of one-way bridges.  It’s a beautiful drive and lots of fun.  This is the third trip for Betty and me, but a first for Margie.

On the way back to our condo at Kapalua we stopped and watched some surfers and I got this decent shot.

Surfer-1

I’ll try to give an update every couple of days. When we get home and I can work with all my pictures and movies I’ll do a more complete recap of our trip.

Be safe and well.

Dan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang ten in paradise..have fun.

TjandMark said...

Great shot Dan. You must have a good long angle lens. Have fun.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

NICE!! have a great time and keep sharing those photos.

Keri said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time!!!

Michelle said...

More than a decent shot--great shot!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The Road to Hana. That's been on my Bucket List ever since we had to cancel our trip to Hawaii 15 years ago when the doctor said it was too risky to fly while pregnant with twins.
I hope someday we'll be able to drive on that famous and beautiful road.

~Lisa