Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Plant Shopping

If you recall, we had almost all of our plants removed when we had our new flagstone patio put in a few weeks ago. They were killed or severely damaged in last winter's freeze.

The plan was to have new plants installed when the weather warmed up a little. Well, the warmer weather is here.

Betty and I drove down to Belen to have some work done on her saddle by saddle maker Larry McKown. His work is excellent and, if you need any tack repaired or new tack, we highly recommend him. He also makes some neat stirrups and I'll show those in a later post. Betty and I both have a pair.

On our way home we stopped at Plant World just off of Paseo del Norte. It's a wholesale plant operation, but they have a garden club that allows individuals to buy.

Our goal this morning was to survey what was there and to make our final plans. We'll go back on Friday morning to buy what we want and Plant World will hold on to them.

On Monday morning, the folks who put in our new patio and sprinkler system will pick up the plants and come plant them in our yard.

I'll try to have some pictures of that process.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see the planting finished.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I love plant shopping. I'll bet it's going to look gorgeous when you're all done.

TjandMark said...

Envious! I would love to be home looking at plants. I really miss my own space and aesthetics. Looking forward to seeing yours.

Keri said...

Tease! I can't wait to see what you guys pick. Keep us updated.