Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Training

With company in town and windy, winter weather, we haven't worked with the horses for over three weeks. So, today we did some basic ground work and then worked them in the round pen.

Here's a video of my round pen work with Sugar. She was full of P and V, but settled down nicely.

 

Here's Betty working with Morgunn. He did great as Betty has done some good work with him.

 

9 comments:

juliette said...

Glad the wind has settled and you guys are back with your sweetie pies.

I bet your horses missed their time with you.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Looked like a great day! I rode my mare for the first time in 7 months yesterday. I'm so grateful to have a horse that can sit for months or years and still be exactly the same when I get on again, even without doing any groundwork. She was calm, relaxed, quiet and lazy...just like always.

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh my! I just finished watching the Sugar and Dan video (couldn't get it to play before my first comment, so only watched the Morgunn and Betty video). Sugar sure was feeling fiesty, wasn't she?! Sugar was totally flipping you off with her back hooves. Wow!

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Okay, I do not know wgat I am watching on the Dan video! How does she know what you want? Wish you had done that while we were there so I could quiz you on the whys and hows! Yes, she looked like P and V was her only diet! Even I could see that!
Next I'll watch Betty.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a good workout..the horses looked at you a couple of times and I think they were saying "you're got to be kidding"
Lisa is right-Sugar had a bit of an attitude!!
Glad you're back into the routine..though we did enjoy interrupting it for a while.

Anonymous said...

Go, Betty! You look great out there!!

TjandMark said...

Buddy sometimes does the kick up like Sugar did in the beginning. Just feeling good before settling down to work. It was nice hearing your voice Dan. Online friends are so one deminaional that it startled me at first. Lol

TjandMark said...

Ah, this phone! It was supposed to say one dimensional.

Michelle said...

You got the P and V right out of her! And Morgunn--what a sweetie pie! I am still amazed at how well that ground work works. (Yep, I'm redundant.)