Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Reflection - The Body of Christ

One of the great concepts that Jesus left with us is that we are his body here on earth - the church universal.

And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way. (Ephesians 1:22,23)

When I pray it gives me comfort that others in the body are praying as well. Some are close like Betty, others are farther away - our friends Bob and Molly, our son Chris and his wife Tracy, our son Wade and his wife Marie, our blogging friends TJ and Mark, our church friends and other Christians all around the world. There are millions who join us in approaching the throne of grace.

When I pray I am not alone. That gives me great comfort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well spoken and so true..there is much comfort in the body and its shared experiences.